Creating your first Yii Framework web app a bewilderment? Here’s a simple, mostly point and click (as approach to lots of command line) approach.
- using Eclipse with PHP Development Too (PDT) plugin and Yii (Yiiclipse) plugin
- create a Yii application project Eclipse->New->Project->Yiiclipse, download your choice of Yii Framework version from the dialog box
- create a Yii application in the above project folder
- Create a text batch file in the Yii framework folder downloaded in step 2 above, with the following line only – php yiic webapp “H:\Users\Firedancer\OneDrive\Work\R&D\yii\projects\yiiProject” (replace with your own directory path, make sure PHP is in your path, etc)
- Open a command prompt window in the framework and run the batch file, answer the command prompt questions as you go along